I know the feeling! You’ve got some options:
1. First of all, I have to extend an invitation to my dating event: www.baltimore-dating.com/datingIRL, it’ll be a lot of fun & a good way to meet new friends or a date!
2. You can make some new friends:
- Go out with co-workers, if you’re comfortable with that.
- Hit up old friends (high school, college) you haven’t talked to in a while. See what they’re up to & if they’d be down to hang.
- I met a really close friend by messaging a few girls on OkCupid and asked them if they’re in the market for a new straight female friend to hang out with.
- You can check out a site like meetup.com to find groups of interest.
- Join clubs like social sports (bocce, skeeball, etc.) or a book club
3. It is not inherently unsafe to go out alone:
- Text someone like a roommate and tell them where you’re going
- Grab a seat at the bar, if it’s not a busy night, chat it up with the bartenders. (Making friends with bartenders means they’ll look out for you & maybe discount your tab) Or just chat with the people around you.
- Go out for Happy Hour, people go out solo for Happy Hour often.
- Don’t drink too much, you need to make it home
- Be careful accepting drinks from strangers.
- Have a plan to get home and back (taxi, bus, Uber, etc.)
Own your singleness, walk in confidently, look hot and enjoy yourself. It’s easier for guys to approach you when you’re solo anyway.