STUFF TO DO IN (AND AROUND) BALTIMORE WHEN THERE’S NOTHING ELSE TO DO IN BALTIMORE – PART 2 (with quick dating tips)
This is a follow up to last week’s “Stuff To Do.” Also, a reminder that tomorrow (Nov 14 by 5PM) is the last day to vote for The Mobbies (so vote for me or check out my top picks).
BREWERY TOURS & TASTINGS – My favorite boys like craft beer.
- Union Craft Brewery (Tour – Saturdays only, no reservation required. Tasting Room – Thurs through Sat)
- Brewer’s Art (Tour – Saturdays only, 3PM)
- Heavy Seas Ale (Tour – Saturday Tours, reservation required. They fill up about 2 weeks in advance. Note: Heavy Seas is in Halethorpe, MD)
- Monocacy Brewing (Tour – First Saturday of the month. Note: Evolution Craft is in Frederick, MD)
- Evolution Craft Brewing (Tour – Fri through Sun. Tasting Room – Daily. Note: Evolution Craft is in Salisbury, MD)
- Flying Dog Brewery (Tour – Thurs through Friday. They fill up about 2 months in advance. Note: Flying Dog is in Frederick, MD)
OPEN MARKETS – About.com’s Baltimore page has a great comprehensive list so no point re-wording. The market date gives you an a la carte approach to locally grown/made food without having to be cold outside like with farmer’s markets. Lexington Market has live music on Saturday mornings, so it’s my personal favorite.
- Lexington Market
- Cross Street Market
- Broadway Market
- Northeast Market
- Hollins Market
- Avenue Market
BOOKS – It’s been established that books are hot.
- The Book Thing
- Poetry in Baltimore
- CBS Baltimore’s List of Independent Bookstores
- The Sun’s list of Used Book Stores (dated from 2005)
FLEA MARKETS – Like etsy but IRL. Part ways, pick out something cute for your date and then exchange them!
- Bmore Flea (Saturdays)
- Station North Arts Market (Third Saturdays)
- Already made a record store post
Additions always welcome?